Hallelujah! We are at a hotel that is the Ritz Carlton in contrast to the last one. I don't recall the name of it but if I were to name it myself, it'd be "Dante's Inferno." This one, is a change from the original one we were supposed to be in, in Rome. So if any of you are trying to send us flowers, gift baskets or more shopping money, hold on until I can get the name of the hotel and send it to you. I am too tired and cannot see it from the area in which I am typing. But trust me when I say, this is the place we sooooo needed to be.
When we left Assisi (see previous post) we drove another 2 hours, or less and went right to a very cute pizzaria and had a terrific pizza, salad and tarte dinner. Everyone is currently nestled into their beds as tomorrow is going to be the fullest yet. (Yikes...I better get off of here and hit the sack myself). After breakfast on the terrace here (who doesn't love the sound of that "terrace breakfast" Don't we sound very regal??) we'll be doing the BIG 4. Vatican, Colloseum, the 7th century B.C. Roman Forum (yep, I said "B.C") and the oh so amazing Trevi Fountain. Start packing because I am throwing a coin over my left shoulder, backwards, so that I might return and I'll do a little prayer that you might return with me. (Bet you are wishing I hadn't been so rude in St. Francis' Basilica now, eh? Not sure how likely my "wish" is to come true.)
I noticed on the bus that several people have now started journaling what we are doing in a days time and for good reason. We still have much to see, but each day here could easily be enough for a lifetime of spirtitual, emotional and physical elation for one person.
Off to bed my friends. Please stay tuned and I will update you again tomorrow night!
Ciao Bella,
Lisa
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment